November 8, 2006

Recos and transcripts


A horrible experience of academic office and its sarkari kaam is well illustrated by me in my past blogs. Unfortunately, again I have to knock the doors of academic office for the transcripts. The very thought giving me shivering of the long Qs and thrashing heat, sweating from tip to toe.

Today I met my faculty adviser and seminar guide for the recommendation letter, a must thing if you want to go for a decent university. So here goes the conversation :


Characters :

Nayan: A normal guy who loves to chase his ideas and dreams. But 4 years of torturous environment made him bit nabduu. He is afraid of professors because according to him professors are avtaars of diabolic people on earth to torment poor souls of students.

Prof. 1: A globular and well rounded personality ( physically). His starry eyes is quite capable to scare the pesty devils of Ramsay brother group. A good soul by heart because he saves students in BTech and seminar presentations from being stripped off by the nagging examiners, above all he gives good grades due to which students get attracted towards him during BTP and seminar allotment season.

Prof. 2: An unexperienced but enthusiastic professor. Teaches english in the class and puts greek in her question paper, ' ab yeh wahi baat ho jaati hai, mooh main raam bagal main churri '.


Act 1, Scene 1

(Metallurgical and material science department, 3rd floor corridor. Few people standing here and there for some lab work. Chemicals Lab door is closed but the noxious smell of chemicals making the corridor irresistible for breathing. )


Me : " Good morning sir !! "

Prof1: " hi!! have seat " ( I didn't expect such type of exuberant warm entertainment :D )

Me: " Sir , I want to pursue masters in bioMEMS, Can I have your guidance regarding grad schools" ( Ratta maar ke aaya tha , ugal diya unke saamne)

Prof1: " sure Nayan, what doubts you have ? "

Me: " Sir, my dr is blah ...blah.....blah " ( We need to cash out our accolades and projects >:) )

Prof1: " good " ( A standard reply, I wonder if I would have told him that I looted your home, then also his reply would have been the same :)) )

Entry of a third person

Me: " What you suggest, where I should apply "

Prof1: " ohh !! thats a difficult question but nevertheless I will give you some names and you can ask them. They are working actively in the field of bioMEMS " ( A nice way to sugar coat ' look, I dont have much knowledge, better consult someone else. I might lead you to wrong path ' )

Me: " ok sir !! " ( I was thinking that I wasted my so called precious time because at the end of the day what matters is the result. )

Me: " sir, in case I require your recommendation, will you grant me the same" ( without wasting anytime I jumped to the main question )

Prof1: " sure " ( now this made me happy , chalo ab lag raha hai time waste nahin hua :) )


Act 1, Scene 2

( Metallurgical and material science department, 2nd floor corridor. Few rooms open and light coming from the windows falling on the crystal clear mosaic floor. Room number 203 is partly open where prof 2 doing her daily routine work diligently. Her specs are as usual kept on the side table along with few research papers.)

Me: " mam , may I come in?"

Prof2: " Haan sure , what happened"

Me: " Mam I screwed my GRE so I want to discuss about my graduate school"

Prof2: " ok!! " ( as if she was expecting that I will screw my exams >:P )

Prof2: " Why dont you apply to University of California - Berkley " ( Haan ab wahi baaki reh gaya hai !! milna to bahut door ki baat hai woh acads aur gre dekh ke kachde ki peti main na fek de)

Me: " Mam, are you sure they will accept my application "(lines of ambiguity appeared on my forehead)

Prof2: " If you want, I can talk to one of my colleague working as a professor there about your chances " ( professors are also good at times, just you need to keep a balance between your relationships :D, a good relation pays a lot in future)

Me: " sure mam why not !! thanx for the valuable advice "( neki aur pooch pooch)

Prof2: " ohh its ok Nayan, best of luck for the admission procedure"

Me: " thank you mam"

**The end**

5 comments:

SUNMAY said...

nice one after a long time ...

and i seriously object to ur matka thingie ...

dude grow up !! they are much more sincere and hardworking than us ...and realise the value of this place ... much better.JEE is just not sufficient to judge a person's intellect.

~Nayan~ said...

@ sunmay

senti na ho yaar
Its true that they are more sensible than us. I added to add few humor element
NO OFFENSE INTENDED >:)

CRYPT MASTER said...

I KNOW HOW IT FEELS......
ALL MY SYMP. WITH U NAYAN....

NICELY WRITTEN.....

Bharat B Mudgal said...

.... chalo ab baccha khud se kuch accha likhna sikh gaya hai...nice one..

Siddarth said...

did u get the admission??
BTW the 'Scenes' are good