May 13, 2007

Adieu BTech Project


Dear BTech Project,

On remembering the good old days the very first thought which comes in my mind is the precious time we spent together. I am grateful that you taught me many things including proper method to carry out a project. There were few moments when we could not find any result but sometime we did enjoy the triumph of success. You were always with me supporting through the year.

I still remember when I was eager to do a project on biomaterials then you helped me to take one. I worked on Human Tooth and compared the physical properties of an adult and a deciduous tooth. Chipkar sir, Neelam and Dr. Kamath helped me to raise you with proper nourishment. Usually birthdays are celebrated annually but I celebrated your birthday twice a year. In your first birthday ‘Ist stage of my BTech project’, I defended my work and tried my best to convince everyone that I am capable of taking care of you. Some people appreciated my work while some criticized. I was questioned till your father was convinced. Then time came when we celebrated your second birthday ‘IInd stage of my BTech project’. Similar to your first birthday but now everyone appreciated my work and suggested me to get your name registered in the journals which would be my gift to you.

You were dear to me, close to my heart but few of your brothers and sisters were not as close to their guardian. Unfortunately some of them didn’t get the love they deserved and ended up with lack of care. I felt bad because my peers didn’t take care of them, I felt sorry because I couldn’t do anything. Nevertheless it is true you are not meant for everyone. My peers had their own dreams and aims which made them indifferent. According to them you were a responsibility but for me you were special and important.

Your father, my guide Professor Satish Vitta handed over you to me in August 2006. You were his dream and my aim and now I am leaving you in the able hands of Arunabh Sinha, your new guardian. I am sure he will take care and will look after you more than my expectations.

I am going to an entirely new place. New aims and new dreams are building up. I will be a part of many projects but you will always be dear to me, my cherished possession.

Take care,

Nayan Chakravarty
03011036
4th year Undergraduate
Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science
IIT Bombay

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CRYPT MASTER said...

y should i lv a comment.
let vitta do the honors

~GC said...

i knw it was close to ur heart but this 1 is boring re...

arunabh said...

vaah itni badi zimmedari saunp di and bataya bhi nahi ?
You are so sentu about this project, i need to take extra care now :p
accha likha :)