February 11, 2008

Taare hain kya zameen par ?

Courtesy: MovieTonic

I haven't given this movie 10/10 in imdb because of the excellent direction or acting but the very fact of dealing with a new idea blew me off. Whole movie revolves around a 12 year kid and his imaginations. Acting could have been more perfect but still it was appreciable. TZP reminds me of the 80's art movies such as Sparsh and other such movies based on the neglected part of our society. May be it is quite possible that we have a soft corner for them and it helps to build up the emotional factor. I liked the beginning of the movie where alphabets tend to form different types of shapes, dancing and doing all crazy stuff. Background music and songs were not great but indeed it was worth appreciable. At least I don't see TZP as a strong contender for Oscars this year. I have huge hopes for Gowarikars Jodha Akbar simply because of its historical background and the execution of the same. Coming to TZP I wish every Parent should go and watch this movie with their kids. It is indeed a thought provoking movie with a preaching in its core. Indian subcontinent including China is facing a fierce sense of competition due to population explosion. The direct effect of the competition can be seen on small kids. This movie, if not all, but I am sure will kindle some kind fire inside the hearts of the parents. It is an eye opener.....

I hope you will like it.

No comments: